1. All members using the range must have proof of membership visible. Your current membership card should be visibly worn.
2. Persons using the range and not wearing their membership card will be asked for proof of membership. Spouses using the range without the paid member should have available either a photocopy or digital picture of their membership card.
3. Guests must always be accompanied by a member, and members take full responsibility for their guest. Members should collect the applicable fee from their guest.
4. Members shall always have priority over guests for use of range facilities.
5. Non-members are subject to trespassing charges!
6. Never give the gate code to anyone else. Giving the gate code to anyone else is grounds for suspension of your membership. If you have a guest arriving in a separate vehicle, you must meet them at the gate to let them in and accompany them to the gate to let them out.
7. The speed limit is 5 MPH on club property.
C.C.S.C. Basic Rules:
1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction - down range.
2. Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
3. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
4. Be sure your gun is safe to operate.
5. Know how to use the gun safely.
6. Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
7. Wear eye and ear protection.
8. Know your target and what is beyond.
9. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
10. Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.
Note: When using Pistol or Rifle Ranges, members are expected to work together to ensure safety. Make the line safe when others need to visit the target line downrange. This means all guns are to be unloaded, actions open, "grounded" and no gun handling until line is declared Hot. If your/another shooter’s report sounds "wrong", misfires, or a squib load is fired, call CEASE FIRE! That also means make the line safe and make sure the bore is clear.
C.C.S.C. Range Rules:
1. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on Cleburne County Shooting Club property at any time. Any individual (member or guest) determined to be intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be denied the use of the range. If a member, the individual will be placed on probation and if a second offense occurs, will be brought before the executive committee for a suspension hearing.
2. In the absence of a formal range officer, the member will be responsible for collecting the $5.00 range fee from the guest(s) and submitting it to the Treasurer. A guest is any person not a member of the Cleburne County Shooting Club and not an immediate family member of the Club member as defined in the by-laws.
3. Hearing and eye protection shall be worn at all times during firing.
4. There will be no smoking while on the firing line or forward of the firing line.
5. Range hours are 8:00 AM until ½ hour before sunset Monday through Saturday.
6. Range hours on Sunday are 12:00 PM until ½ hour before sunset.
7. Targets will be paper, glued, taped or stapled on cardboard backers.
8. Target holders will be wooden, placed in target sockets at the various distances.
9. Metal, glass, plastic containers, or target holders will not be used as targets.
10. With the exception of Law Enforcement personnel and Concealed Carry Holders, all firearms will be unloaded and cased when entering or leaving the range. If the duty or carry firearm is to be fired on the range, it will be unloaded and placed on the bench upon arrival at the firing line. It will not be placed back into duty or carry status until departure from the range. If not to be fired, it will remain in the holster at all times while on the range.
11. Automatic weapons are not allowed on the range, unless in the possession of a Law Enforcement Officer or club member with the appropriate license to possess Class 3 Weapons. They will have on their person proper Identification or license to possess Class 3 Weapons. Automatic weapons will only be fired on the rifle range.
12. Firearms will not be handled when people are down range. Weapons will be made safe by removing magazines, slides locked open, actions open, load gate open, and safety on, if so equipped. A safety block will be used for weapons not equipped with bolt lock.
13. Immediately after completion of firing, all brass will be picked up. If not retained by the shooter, the brass will be placed in the designated containers. All brass in the containers is the property of the club.
14. Targets, cardboard backer and holder will be placed back in the storage building upon completion of firing or when not in use.
15. Glass containers are not allowed on the range.
16. An adult member must accompany junior members at all times.
17. A club officer or adult club member will serve as range officer.
18. There will be no shooting at any wildlife at any time.
C.C.S.C. Pistol Range:
1. No rifles will be fired on the pistol range, with the exception of pistol caliber carbines.
2. Target holders will be placed in pre-set sockets.
3. Paper targets glued, taped or stapled on cardboard backers will be used. Push pins, tacks, or nails will not be used to secure target to backer.
4. Handguns using high power rifle calibers will not be fired on the pistol range. They will be fired on the rifle range.
5. Immediately after completion of firing all brass will be picked up. If not retained by the shooter, the brass will be placed in the designated containers. All brass in the containers is the property of the club.
6. Targets and holders will be stored in appropriate containers.
7. Firing at target holders is prohibited and will be reported to the Executive committee for disciplinary action.
8. Firearms will not be handled while people are down range. Firearms will be unloaded and made safe by removing magazines, opening the action or opening the loading gate. A safety block will be used in all firearms without a slide lock or hold open device.
9. Tracer, Incendiary and Armor piercing ammunition is strictly prohibited.
C.C.S.C. Rifle Range:
1. During "Cold Range" periods, all rifles will be put in the provided rifle racks or will have an empty chamber indicator inserted while on the bench or the slab.
2. Do not handle, adjust, or touch rifles for any reason during "Cold Range" periods or when anyone is down range.
3. Rifles will be made safe by unloading and removing the magazine. The bolt will be locked to the rear, and the safety will be applied before putting them in the rifle racks or an empty chamber indicator will be inserted.
4. Firearms without a bolt lock or hold open device will use a safety block to hold the bolt to rear.
5. Target holders will be placed in pre-set sockets only.
6. Only paper targets will be used. They should be glued, stapled, or taped to the cardboard backers. Push pins, tacks, or nails should not be used.
7. Shotguns are NOT allowed on the Rifle Range unless you are shooting slugs. Shot destroys our target frames and backers. For shot, use the patterning board behind the metal storage shed, or check with the shotgun director for other options. Check the shotgun rules for shot size and minimum distance before using the patterning board. Using shot on the Rifle Range is grounds for suspension AND further action by the Board.
8. No sitting, standing, or lying on the rifle rest tables.
9. 50 BMG, Armor-piercing, Incendiary and Tracer ammo is strictly prohibited.
10. Immediately after completion of firing, all brass will be picked up. If not retained by the shooter, the brass will be placed in the designated containers. All brass in the containers is the property of the club.
C.C.S.C. General Shotgun Rules:
1. Eye and ear protection is required.
2. Rifles and handguns are prohibited on shotgun ranges.
3. #7.5 Shot is maximum size for Trap/Skeet.
4. Only clay targets will be used on shotgun ranges, except for the patterning board.
5. Hand operated traps are restricted to designated areas.
6. Keep your action open or bolt locked to rear until you are on station.
7. Do not move from one station to another with a loaded shotgun.
8. Do not aim or shoot at another shooters target.
9. Do not distract other shooters.
10. In case of gun or ammunition malfunction, the gun MUST be pointed down range until cleared.
11. Personnel will not operate Trap or Skeet equipment unless certified to do so by the Shotgun Director.
12. Police dropped hulls at the end of the round. No hulls are to be picked up during a Skeet or Trap round.
13. Only individuals that are shooting or pulling are permitted on the shotgun fields unless they have the permission of the range officer before the round begins. 14. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to shoot on the shotgun fields without the supervision of a parent, guardian, or designated adult.
15. Individuals who have never shot Trap or Skeet will be required to shoot at least their first round under the supervision of an experienced individual authorized by the Shotgun Director.
16. In all instances not covered by established safety rules, the decision and direction of the Range Master or Shotgun Director will be final.
1. Always walk behind the shooters when moving from the station 5 to 1.
2. Shooting will not begin until all shooters are at their proper station.
3. Do not load your shotgun until all shooters are on station. When the shooter is on the shooting station and ready to shoot and a delay occurs, such as equipment breakdown, the gun shall be opened and all shells extracted.
4. Load no more than 1 shell at Trap singles. Load no more than 2 shells at Trap doubles.
5. Remain at your station until all shooters are finished and the command to move has been given.
6. Do not walk in FRONT of the trap house until the thrower has been de-cocked.
1. Do not load your shotgun until it is your turn to shoot and you are on the shooting station. When the shooter is on the shooting station and ready to shoot and a delay occurs, such as equipment breakdown, the gun shall be opened and all shells extracted.
2. Load no more than 2 shells at Skeet stations 1 through 7. Load no more than 1 shell at Skeet station 8.
3. Do not advance more than one-third of the way to the next shooting station until all shooters on the squad have completed the station.
4. Do not walk in FRONT of the low house until the thrower has been de-cocked.
Shotgun patterning board:
1. Shoot lead shot only. No shot larger than #2.
2. No slugs will be fired at the patterning board. Slugs WILL damage the board and there is danger of ricochet. Fire slugs on the rifle range.
3. Warning: Beware of ricochet! Stand no closer than 15 yards from the board.
C.C.S.C. Range Officer Duties and Responsibility:
1. Every shooter is a range safety officer.
2. Responsible for range safety and ensures members abide by all range regulations.
3. Shall designate an assistant range officer to run/operate ranges as needed.
4. Shall coordinate and monitor all movement forward of the rifle and pistol firing lines. This will be communicated to the personnel on the shotgun ranges to ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times.
5. Shall immediately stop all flagrant violations of range regulations. These will be reported to the executive committee for appropriate action if continued.
6. Shall take immediate action to correct minor violations of range regulations.
7. Shall supervise range to ensure safe and efficient operation.
8. Shall be responsible for a general policing of equipment and brass at the completion of the shooting day.
On Friday, 2 July 2021, CCSC will host the MEC Freedom Fest Trap Shoot. This event is a part of the Heber Springs Chamber of Commerce Freedom Fest on the Lake, and is sponsored by MEC. Click here or see the "SHOTGUN" tab for the flyer. Rifle and Pistol ranges will be open, as usual, for members. Click Here for INDIVIDUAL registration. Click Here for TEAM registration.
Renewal notices have been emailed. ALL memberships expire 30 June. If you did not receive your notice, check your spam/junk mail folder. If you still don't see it, simply send a check to CCSC, PO 1138, Heber Springs, AR 72543. Regular memberships are $125.00 and Senior (65 and older) and law enforcement are $75.00. The new gate code will be on the back of your new membership card.
See the "CCSC LADIES" tab on this website for a new activity available to the ladies of CCSC.